Friday, August 25, 2006

By command...

I have been lazy and blog-free for a week or two but my chum Teo has requested an update. “Just write anything” he said. Well. You asked for it. This one's for you Big T.

*****

The Edinburgh Festival is drawing to a close (thank the Goddess) and I have emerged relatively unscathed. Something happened the other day, which made me realise how blasé I have become about the whole thing.

I was trolling homeward, down The Mound from the High Street, when I came across a group of three tourists. They had stopped in surprise and were pointing across the street at something which they obviously thought wondrous. I looked where they pointed and could see nothing extraordinary. Then, I realised there were three scruffily dressed chaps pushing extra-tall unicycles up the hill. To me this seemed utterly mundane. This is what comes of growing up around the Festival Fringe.

I did see something cool today, though. As I stood in the rain - awaiting a bus, which refused to come – I spied an approaching vision. A tasty young chap decked out like a character from Aliens. Complete with amo belt and gargantuan gun! The coolest thing was how much it suited him. Perhaps he was indeed a visitor from the future, come to save the word from the ghastly Alien threat. I like to think so.

*****

I now wish to present, for your delectation a jingle what was written for me by the Bard of Bib Services:

If you want to live a day that’s really nice,
If you want to know if you
should watch the film Miami Vice,
If you want to eat the best sticky rice,
Then you’ll want to read…
Jazz’s Life Advice!


I hope I haven’t breached any copyright regulations here! The Bard believes I should set up a sideline in ‘Telling people what to do’. I said “haven’t you read my blog?” Incidentally, I’d rather chew off my own arm than ‘watch the film Miami Vice’. Just so’s you know.

*****

I sent out one of those email questionnaires the other day. You know the type?

Favourite colour? – Orange.
Favourite food? – Fried squid and Brussels sprouts.
Favourite Marx Brother? – Zeppo.


That sort of thing. So far I’ve received some wonderful responses. Thanks guys. I’d love to get some more. Don’t be shy. You know who you are.

I really have enjoyed reading them. It’s so interesting to find out these sort of things about your friends, I think. Also, it seems that these questions, although apparently innocuous, lull people into giving more intimate and detailed responses than perhaps they would face to face. Thanks again for all the replies. I love you guys.

*****

Oh, and just for Mutley, if she’s reading this:

Bellybellybellybellybellybellybellybellybellybellybellybellybellybellybelly

hee hee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home