Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday

The last day of my ‘holiday at home’. Five days of calm and solitude. Bliss.

I had planned a camping trip to Orkney but bad weather encouraged me to postpone that journey for a few weeks. I was all packed. The pusscats were boxed-up, ready to go into storage. Everything was ready, except me. I’d been feeling a little run down lately and, lovely as Orkney would have been, I felt it would probably be more relaxing not to travel for 8 hours each way in order to huddle in a wind (and probably rain) blown tent for two days. I could be wrong but I think not.

Instead, I spent the time in the little house I love so much, reading and watching movies. I visited my family (Frog and Mutley) and lay in my garden, enjoying the sunshine. Not much by most people’s standards, I know, but heaven to me.

Back to work tomorrow but I still have the rest of Sunday to enjoy before that.

*****

Although, I do feel a bit down this morning. I had a nightmare about an ex-lover last night and awoke feeling disconcerted and a little introspective. I’ve been reading old notebooks and having thoughts of ‘what if?’ I am in sore danger of wallowing. (This maudlin music isn’t helping… Ah! Duo Swango – much better)

The grey skies don’t help at all. The sun has just peeked out again. Will it stay this time? No.

How to shake these doldrums? I’ve already watched ‘Toy Story 2’ this morning! If that can’t fix me it may be hopeless. I noticed in my early twenties that I could use movies to adjust my mood. The way that others may use drugs. All I have to do is find the right scene in the perfect movie. I just can’t think of the film for this mornings malaise though.

I think a trip to the cinema may be in order. Popcorn, ice cream and a Kung Fu flick. That should cure anything.

1 Comments:

At June 29, 2006 9:40 pm, Blogger mahbenjah said...

YES! Somebody else from good ol' blitey who likes Mr Vampire!!!!!
I was trying to explain to a mate last night after seeing Fearless that nothing beats a bit of sticky rice. He was having none of it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home